Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Amelia and Ashley with Mr. Lincoln


Amelia and I travelled to the State Capitol Building in Springfield, IL on March 20, 2009. We went to the Illinois Reading Conference first before heading to the State Capitol Building. From Wham to the hotel, we travelled, 169.03 miles in my car. Then we took the bus to the Prairie State Convention Center which was 4.52 miles. After the conference, we travelled back to the hotel for another 4.52 miles and changed our clothes for a night out downtown. Amelia and I went in a friend’s mini-car back downtown to the Cold Stone Creamery before heading to the capitol building which was 5.46 miles. It was around 9:30 p.m. and the temperature outside was about 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Of course we needed ice cream when it was cold out. Amelia and I were in the car with four other girls. We looked like clowns coming out of a clown car. We drove from Cold Stone to the State Capitol Building about .55 miles. We parked across from the Illinois State Police building to get close to the State Capitol. We walked about 1/5 of a mile to the statue. I found a statue of Abraham Lincoln that was 10ft. 6 in. tall. My picture is hard to see Amelia and me with Mr. Lincoln, so I apologize for not getting a close up. Amelia tried to get on top of his shoulder, but I was afraid that she would get stuck so I had to hold her near the palm of his hand. This statue was dedicated on October 5, 1918 which was the centennial of the first meeting of the Illinois General Assembly. Amelia and I traveled a total of 184.28 miles to get to the State Capitol Building. For round trip, we travelled 358.77 miles. Amelia has travelled a total of 2,680.39 miles so far this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment